Chad founded Trammell-Piazza Law Firm in October 2010. Having tried his first case as a Prosecutor in an Air Force Courtroom in 1992, Chad is a courtroom lawyer with extensive trial experience.
Chad’s career began in 1991 with a small firm in Denton, Texas. Shortly thereafter he decided to serve our country in the Judge Advocate General Corps (JAG) with the United States Air Force at Hickam Air Force Base, Hawaii. In 1996, Chad was honorably discharged from the Air Force as a Captain, receiving the prestigious Air Force Commendation Medal in 1994 and the Meritorious Service Medal in 1996.
For a number of years thereafter, Chad’s private practice focused on civil litigation defense for businesses and insurance companies, including the defense of a large nursing home corporation. In 1999, Chad joined a large national law firm and changed the focus of his practice to almost exclusive representation of victims of nursing home abuse and neglect.
In 2003, Chad came home to Southwest Arkansas, and joined the Texarkana office of Nix, Patterson and Roach. Rocketing to partnership in only 3 years, Chad led the nursing home litigation section. During Chad’s tenure with the firm, he successfully persuaded juries in Penny vs. Sun, $2 million; Spencer vs. Northport, $3 million; Johnson vs. Beverly, $2.3 million; and McLemore vs. Lifecare, $4.75 million.
In 2005, Chad spearheaded one of the most creative maneuvers in the history of nursing home litigation. During that summer, it became clear that a large national nursing home chain was on the verge of selling out and leaving victims of abuse and neglect high and dry without compensation. Chad and his team crafted a legal Motion that forced the company to compensate Chad’s clients before the sale.
In October 2010, Chad embarked on a new course, founding his own law firm then known as The Trammell Law Firm. In June of 2013, the Trammell Law Firm joined forces with a legendary Arkansas trial lawyer, Melody Piazza. Since that day the firm has proudly been known as Trammell-Piazza Law Firm. Trammell-Piazza intends to remain a small and family-oriented law firm focused on quality legal representation. Since we opened the law firm almost 10 years ago, we have recovered millions of dollars for our clients.
- University of Arkansas, B.A., cum laude, 1988
- University of Arkansas, J.D., 1991
- 1991 – Texas
- 1995 – Arkansas
- 1997 – U. S. District Court – Eastern District of Arkansas
- 1997 – U. S. District Court – Western District of Arkansas
- 1998 – Oklahoma
- 2001 – Tennessee
- 2004 – Louisiana
- 2004 – U. S. District Court – Eastern District of Texas
- 2005 – Arizona
- 2005 – U. S. District Court – Western District of Tennessee
- 2006 – Kentucky
- 2006 – Pennsylvania
- 2008 – U. S. District Court – Middle District of Tennessee
- 2009 – Nebraska
- 2010 – West Virginia
- Captain, United States Air Force,
- Active Duty Judge Advocate General’s Corps, 1992-1996
- Air Force Commendation Medal, 1996
- Meritorious Service Medal, 1996
- National Defense Service Medal
Affiliations & Certifications
Martindale-Hubbell® recognizes Chad Trammell as an “AV” rated attorney, the highest such rating available to any individual lawyer.
- Martindale-Hubbell “Top Lawyer” Rating 2015
- President, Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association, 2012-2013
- Vice-President, Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association, 2010-2011
- Secretary-Treasurer, Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association, 2009-2010
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- American Association for Justice, 2000-Present
- Chairman, American Association for Justice Nursing Home Litigation Group, 2008-2009
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers, 2020